yaboot boot problem

Subject: yaboot boot problem
From: Jon (jester4theking@mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 16:31:28 MST

Could someone tell me why YDL is refusing to boot on me? I have an iMac
(Rev. D I think; just to make it simple, 333 mhz.; tray-loading, with an
upgraded HD, 40 gigs) and I just got ydl like last week, and I've been
having a tough time. After I would install YDL, the
screen would either go blank after a restart (i guess open firmware
waiting
for the bootloader to boot, but freezing), or their would be the dreaded
system folder question icon, and then it would just boot into OS X or
9. O
ya, and btw, I have my partition map layed out somethin like this:

hda6: Mac OS 9
had7: Mac OS X
hda8, had9: Extra space
hda10: Bootloader partition
hda11: Linux Swap
hda12: Linux Root (the main partition)

Let's see, I've done what the Install note told me to do, to run ybin
(boot into the install cd via the boot option thing, and running
/usr/sbin/ybin), but I don't know if I've edited the yaboot.conf, so I
might check that out. I've tried what I could with going into firmware,
and still nothing's happened. Can anyone help me???? That would really
help!

Many Thanks,
Jon