Re: YDL2.1 OldWorld No Audio

Subject: Re: YDL2.1 OldWorld No Audio
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 03:43:18 MST

--On Tuesday, November 06, 2001 13:53:15 -0600 frazz@lump.mine.nu wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> After facing a dreaded kernel bug regarding scsi generic, I am still faced
> with no audio in any way shape or form.

to be honest, I'm mystified by this, the internal drive on my 9600 reads
any sort of CD I put in it - audio or otherwise - and I'm running a 2.4.10
kernel ..... There do, however, seem to be some problems unique to the
7500.

> Here's the scoop. PowerMac 7500/400/1M G3 Upgraded
>
> output of lsmod
> frazz@lump:(~)$ lsmod
> Module Size Used by
> scanner 8304 0 (unused)
> printer 7056 0 (unused)
> dmasound_core 13296 0 (unused)
> soundcore 5264 0 [dmasound_core]
>
> contents of /etc/modules.conf
> frazz@lump:(~)$ cat /etc/modules.conf
> alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_core
> alias sound-slot-1 dmasound_core
> alias sound-service-0-0 dmasound_core
> alias sound-service-0-3 dmasound_core
> alias sound-service-1-0 dmasound_core
>
> And I get no mixer available for all options in kmixer...
>
> And from what I've seen in the list this hasn't been brought up before?

It has ;-) You may find that compiling sound into the kernel rather than

  Iain