Re: ibook2 trackpad strangness comming out of sleep(ydl2.1) FIXED!!!

Subject: Re: ibook2 trackpad strangness comming out of sleep(ydl2.1) FIXED!!!
From: Joe Buczek (joe_buczek@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 12:06:38 MST

I sent the attached patch to the maintainer of 'pmud'
this morning and the fix will probably appear in a
future official release of pmud.

If you are not up to patching and building system
tools, you can stop reading here.

------------------------------------

For those who don't want to wait for the official
release (like me!), the attached patch should be
applied to pmud-0.7.1, which you must create from
pmud-0.7 sources. Directions to do this follow. Note:
All the following must be done as 'root'.

The attached patch file should be copied to
/usr/src/rpm/SOURCES/

The pmud source RPM is available from:

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.1/SRPMS/YellowDog/SRPMS/pmud-0.7.1-4.src.rpm

...and also appears on the YDL source CD. The RPM
contains a patch you need to apply (to get from 0.7 to
0.7.1) So install the RPM and apply the patches like
this:

rpm -Uvh pmud-0.7.1-4.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/rpm/SOURCES/
tar zxvf pmud-0.7.1.tar.gz
cd pmud-0.7
patch <../pmud-0.7.1-linux24.patch
patch <../pmud-0.7.2-linux24.patch

Then build it:

make all install

If everything builds cleanly (which it should), then
either restart your machine, or do this:

cd /etc/rc.d/init.d/
./pmud stop
./pmud start

After this, you'll have a new pmud in your system and
your iBook 2001 trackpad pointer shouldn't jitter any
more after waking from sleep. Hurray!!! This fixes the
only major annoyance I've had with my new iBook 2001.

WARNING!!!: I have not tested this on anything other
than an iBook 2001. I have tried to carefully check
the command sequences I've given above, but if you
scrogg your system, I assume no responsibility
whatsoever. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand patching and
building system software, please don't email me
directly. Post to this list instead.

Cheers,
--Joe :-)