Re: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?

Subject: Re: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 12:45:48 MST

Wow. Now you are getting weird errors I've never seen. Of course if ybin
failed, you should probably expect that your system would keep booting
into MacOS (regardless of what defaultos is).

What partition program are you using, pdisk? I am using parted, so it is
hard for me to compare your output you posted earlier with mine. :(

As for hcopy failing...is it possible that /dev/hda15 was already
mounted somewhere? Another possibility is that it never got an hfs
file-system built on it... Otherwise, I dunno why hcopy would think it
was read-only.

Bo

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu