Re: YD 2.1 and network connection

Subject: Re: YD 2.1 and network connection
From: Ken Schweigert (ken@byte-productions.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 13:24:17 MST

I'm not a dhcp expert, but I thought your gateway was assigned to you by
the dhcp daemon when you brought the interface up. (?) You might want to
check to see if you are getting an IP from via dhcp from your router. Do a
'/sbin/ifconfig' and see if the IP for interface looks right.

If your router has a static IP, you can manually put your gateway's IP in
the file /etc/sysconfig/network with :
  GATEWAY="192.168.0.1"
or whatever IP it has.

HTH

--
-Ken Schweigert, Aspiring Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 11:38:30AM -0800, Dan M Calhoun wrote: > > Question: Finally got YD 2.1 loaded on my 8500/200 Wea. It required another > Harddrive dedicated to YD 2.1. It would not load to a partition on the main > HD. Anyhoo I have a home network with 4 computers on through a Cable/DSL > Router /Switch. I selected DHCP as my network connection but I'm unable to > connect to anything. Where does one configure a gateway in YD.. This is what > I had to do with my Win box. The browser does not connect nor does email. > What to do???? > > DanC