Re: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?

Subject: Re: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?
From: Bo Green (bogreen@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 13:38:02 MST

Here are my ybin options, and here is my output from parted
(I include the command line fyi). Notice a couple of things: I had
to modify my ybin options, which were not correct at setup (don't
forget to run 'ybin' if you make changes), and the 10M boot partition
should be flagged as 'boot' in the parted output (it should be hfs).
Mine is working great...
Bo

# ybin options
boot=/dev/hda13
macos=/dev/hda9
macosx=/dev/hda10
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
delay=10
defaultos=macos
enablecdboot

----------
[root@localhost /root]# parted /dev/hda print
Disk geometry for /dev/hda: 0.000-19077.187 megabytes
Disk label type: mac
Minor Start End Filesystem Name Flags
1 0.000 0.031 Apple
2 0.031 0.057 Macintosh
3 0.058 0.093 Macintosh
4 0.094 0.120 Macintosh
5 0.120 0.156 Macintosh
6 0.156 0.253 Macintosh
7 0.254 0.503 Macintosh
8 0.504 0.753 Patch Partition
9 0.754 10000.753 hfs untitled
10 10000.754 10008.753 MOSX_OF3_Booter
11 10008.754 10009.253 SecondaryLoader
12 10009.254 14000.753 sun-ufs Mac_OS_X
13 14000.754 14010.754 hfs untitled boot
14 14010.754 14138.754 linux-swap swap swap
15 14138.755 19077.187 ext2 untitled