Re: ibook2 trackpad strangness comming out of sleep(ydl2.1) FIXED!!!

Subject: Re: ibook2 trackpad strangness comming out of sleep(ydl2.1) FIXED!!!
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 18:03:17 MST

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Joe Buczek wrote:

> I sent the attached patch to the maintainer of 'pmud'
> this morning and the fix will probably appear in a
> future official release of pmud.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It confused me for a minute because it's
a reverse-patch, but it applied fine in reverse.

Because this isn't an official pmud-0.7.2, if you're building an RPM I
recommend -not- changing the version number to 0.7.2, but rather to
0.7.1b, so that a later official 0.7.2 can supercede it.

Folks who want it can grab pmud-0.7.1b-4.ppc.rpm from
http://www.frontier.net/~cewatts/pmud-0.7.1b-4.ppc.rpm

It fixes the problem -completely- on my iBook. I was beginning to think it
was a hardware problem, and was too frustrated to even talk about it.

Thank you again.

Also, attached is the same patch, but as a normal "forward" patch.

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net