Re: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?

Subject: Re: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 19:45:17 MST

Sometime around 3:28 PM -0500 on 11/7/01, Bo Brinkman pounded out this ditty:
>From Dan Burcaw of YDL:
>
>"The new fuji image and the new ramdisk.image.gz do not have that
>problem. For people with the old iso, they should download the new
>ramdisk, and use "hd-install""
>
>So maybe the easiest fix is to get the new installer ramdisk (or
>even the new fuji iso (20011105) and re-install.

The YDL site has a 256 or so megabyte 20011105 .iso, which I
(stupidly?) downloaded. Of course after burning the image, the CD
would not mount in Mac OS (all my other burns always have).

The .iso at <ftp://phyppro1.phy.bnl.gov/pub/YellowDog/yellowdog-2.0/>
appears to weigh in at 501MB, which I am downloading now (thank God
for cable modems). Doesn't sound like CD-size though. Has anyone
burned/gotten this image to work?

Didn't see Nov. 5 .iso's at any other mirror.

-ms

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis