Re: Stylewriter LPR

Subject: Re: Stylewriter LPR
From: Stephen Prause (SPRAUSE@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 10:26:25 MST

Similarly built the source from scratch compressed tar balls.
Used lpstyl-0.9.9 to get a stylewriter.tar.gz. Placed into
/usr/local. Followed directions very closely. Built lpstyl
from source. Changed path in scripts to use YDL path (/usr/bin)
for enscript, gs, ghostview (whatever). Set up printcap as
specified. Then I set a symlink to /dev/ttyS1 to
/dev/stylewriter. Changed owner to lp:lp. I inserted the lpd
into rc.d correctly. Kicked off the lpd...

My Stylewriter 1200 works! The default styllp works fine with
character text. But the stylps works great with all the
postscript. Set up this as a shared printer on my other network
machines using printtool. Looking great.