having hard time with G4 Cube && YDL2.1

Subject: having hard time with G4 Cube && YDL2.1
From: Joerg Fritsch (joerg.fritsch@planet-interkom.de)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 12:27:46 MST

Hello all.

I'm new to this list. I just got my copy of YDL2.1 from our german reseller
today. Must be one of the first ones in Germany ;-)).

However I'm kinda disappointed. I'm having a hard time during installation.

1. install-gui does not work. The CD always boots me into the textbased
installer. No problem though.
2. I cannot select the installation media (CD/DVD). It always says that an
error has occured and it could not be mounted. I switched to the virtual
console and tried mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/hdb /mnt/media which didn't
work either (said wrong fstype).
3. I tried to start a package installation w/o selecting the media/mounting
the CD, but the installer crashes and exits.

Can anyone help me ? Has anyone successfully installed YDL2.1 on a Cube or
has anyone found any tweaks around thiese bugs on other hardware ?

Thanks,
--Joerg
    .-. Joerg Fritsch
    /v\ joerg.fritsch@planet-interkom.de