RE: Mac OSX 10.1

Subject: RE: Mac OSX 10.1
From: Paul Guba (gubavision@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 06:09:19 MST

Well Joe,

        It sounds that maybe you are just a little defensive. As you
probably have cause to be. However having booth systems installed I
have to say I think they're booth great. For a system that will install
a BSD kernel with little brain power right out of the box it would be
hard to beat OSX. Is it perfect probably not but neither is YDL. It
took me two days of fiddling to get it to install properly. Now that
its up and running I am realizing the advantages of its flexability. It
sounds like you have tons of computer experience. Perhaps you do not
recall how hard some simple problems can be to solve for a beginer. It
certainly can be frustrating. I think OSX is great if only that it will
bring a UNIX based OS to the masses. Apple will be the largest UNIX
platform by this time next year. This will only help the Linux
community. Its no longer Microsoft / Apple but Microsoft / Unix & Linux.