Re: MacOS X 10.1

Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.1
From: Adam Scarcella (adamo97@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 08:44:39 MST

WOW! If only I got this much response to my first post!

I honestly hope I didn't offend anyone. The truth is, I've used Mac's
for over 20 years now and I love them. The Macintosh "ease of use" is
unparalleled. I'm not a rocket scientist nor a software engineer. I'm
a graphic artist and a web designer. I want a product that works right
out of the box. I'm not looking to make it better (that's not my job).
Don't get me wrong, I think that Linux, or at least the idea of Linux is
perhaps the best "recipe" this world has for an OS. FREE, OpenSource,
Multi-Platform, Etc... That's what is going to drive the rest of the
industry. Without competition the market is as good as dead. I know
that Linux is practically unbeatable when it comes to server side
demands such as speed, stability, scalability and cluster-ability;
BUT... if you want an OS for home use, MacOS X 10.1 is the way to go.
I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to my Computer preferences
however. Mac only has 5% of the market share so please don't lump me in
with all the Winblow sheep. I've never owned a Wintel in my life.

In any event, thank you all for your open responses. This type of
comradery and sense of community is the glue that COULD make Linux the
best OS on the planet (regardless of the application). If Linux is
going to take over the desktop PC, (which is the only way it could ever
really gain any ground in the real world, i.e. Market Share) it's going
to have to be much easier to use right out of the box, period.

Adam Scarcella =)

P.S. "Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the
individual who can labor in freedom." -Albert Einstein