Re: MacOS X 10.1 vs. YDL

Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.1 vs. YDL
From: Jerry Tangren (tangren@wsu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 08:58:41 MST

I tried the OS X runs all solution. However, I found it did not run
mac applications as well as OS 9, and that it definitely did not run
Unix applications as well as Linux. Trying to install some rather
standard Unix applications under OS X is a bear as OS X is just
different in enough places, that every install required that I
go on-line and find the work arounds for whatever. It was a
real time waster.

OS X is a real pride thing for some people because it their way
of proving their problem solving abilities to themselves. I'm
sorry but computers are only a tool for solving real world problems.
They shouldn't be the problem themselves.

--Jerry <tangren@wsu.edu>