Re: MacOS X 10.1

Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.1
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 09:23:19 MST

Hey,

  I know it's "wrong" to feed trolls like Adam, but since the topic of
Free software came up... I had a chance to hear Richard Stallman speak
last week, so I am familiar with the idea of Free software (vs free beer
;), but I was under the impression that Apple was moving towards a free
software model for OSX. Is this not the case? I don't really know anything
about it, but wasn't Darwin their Free pet? Or is it merely Open
Source? Anyone know for sure? Has anyone here worked on it at all?

Just curious...
Mike