Re: Success -- and questions (Was Re: What's the deal...bootstrap)

Subject: Re: Success -- and questions (Was Re: What's the deal...bootstrap)
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 14:06:01 MST

I have looked at two files, XF86Config and XF86Config-4??

in "-4" it says Modes = 1152x864 and Virtual at 1152 864 for several depths.

in regular XF86Congis most everything is commented (with # )??

but there is a section that says Mode 640x480
Dot Clock 25.175
HTimings 640 664 760 800
VTimings, 480 491 493 525
End Mode

I had selected only one display (at 1152x864 75mhz) in the selection list
window and checked only 1152x864 in the checkbox list (it recommended to only
pick one).

I could not find anything that looked like keybindings ... but then I only
picked one resolution ...

Is there no way to make the screen fit?

-ms