Re: Focus guys and Gals

Subject: Re: Focus guys and Gals
From: andu (undo@cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 15:28:52 MST

Larry Blodgett wrote:

> Well Said, I agree. When a linux forum is limited to someone's
> individual idea of what it should be we will all loose a measure of
> freedom. If this kind of open discussion were such a bad thing I
> guess "YDL control" should have come in and persecuted us. I think
> YDL realizes that freedom to speak an share ideas is what makes linux
> great. I have heard some expertise expressed which is very valuable
> and it is nice to have these people on the list. Why would we want
> to run them away from the list??????

The suggestion was not to run people away from the list but to limit the
discussions if possible to the subject.
I get mail from several lists (am I the only one?) and it's really a
pain to have to delete every day tons of stuff that *I know* is totally
irrelevant to my reason for being on that particular list, imagine
having to actually read it, that would take my entire day.
As to the freedom lost, just think of the recently proposed (if not
already approved) legislation and compare.

Andu