SMTP Failure, host not found

Subject: SMTP Failure, host not found
From: Dan Calhoun (dcalhoun15@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 21:55:07 MST

I have loaded YDL 2.1 twice now trying to get the damn networking thing going. Selecting DHCP does not, select the computer name, or domain. The mac side of the OS performs all connections to the net through my Linksys Router. I have yet to see anything work as far as mail and browsing with the YDL OS.. What's up with that. Is the installer adding the right components? or do we have to assemble the connection from scratch........ This is real poor. The time I have spent to try and get this thing working has eclipsed all of the Wintel/MAC OS snafu's........If there IS documentation regarding this setup pray tell where would it be. Most manuals seem to think it requires nothing but selecting DHCP, NOT