Re: SMP on 9500MP

Subject: Re: SMP on 9500MP
From: Kjell Konis (wackyboy@u.washington.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 16:11:50 MST

okay, I have a little more information about my problem. Eddie Bindt
suggested % cat /proc/cpuinfo so here it is,

processor : 0
cpu : 604e
clock : 200MHz
revision : 2.4 (pvr 0009 0204)
bogomips : 398.95
total bogomips : 398.95
zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,9500 MacRISC
L2 cache : 512K unified
memory : 144MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

Maybe I don't know how to interpret this (actually, I don't know how to
interpret this) but it doesn't seem to be showing 2 processors. Also, in
dmesg I found

Entering SMP Mode...
Processor 1 is stuck.
Waiting on wait_init_idle (map = 0x0)
All processors have done init_idle

What does it mean for processor 1 to be stuck?

Kjell