Re: (Was) Upgrading to XFree86 4.1.0 - (Now) YDL 2.1 Question

Subject: Re: (Was) Upgrading to XFree86 4.1.0 - (Now) YDL 2.1 Question
From: Seth (mcbean31@newpaltz.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 22:31:18 MST

on 11/10/01 1:07 PM, Neill Miller at neillm@thecodefactory.org wrote:

> YDL RPMs are available (though I've only tried the XFree86 provided binaries):
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/linux/distributions/yellowdog/software/XFree8
> 6-4.1.0/
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Neill.

OOPS! Stoopid me. I realized this about two seconds after I hit the send
button. Anyhoo, should I first try uninstalling X3.3.6 and then install
4.1.0 or should I just try upgrading over it?

Awww hell, maybe it's just time to get that YDL 2.1 CD. I'm on a modem
connection here at school and it just hurts the heart every time I have to
go down to a Windoze lab to download my Linux and OSX stuff. Only one thing,
I'm running YDL 2.0 on a Supermac C600/240 and it runs pretty nicely for me.
Is the 2.4 kernel that comes with YDL 2.1 a little too much for this little
"poopermac". I use it primarily as a file server to my iBook and to do my
little programming assignments at home when my girlfriend decides to swipe
my laptop. Anyone running YDL 2.1 on 6400 or clone? How is it?

BTW - I love the occasional ranting on this list. I subscribe to many "pure"
lists and this one is probably the most educational because of the
occasional rant. I've learned so much about the platform I love from this
list. This is better than Slashdot!

Thanks for the info.
Your Devoted Fan,

Seth