Re: modem on iBook2001

Subject: Re: modem on iBook2001
From: Filippo Fraternali (filippo.fraternali@tin.it)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 17:20:37 MST

Hi everybody,
I am trying since two days to configure the modem on my iBook2001 with
almost no results.
I tried all the suggestions I found in this mailing list:
- link /dev/modem to /dev/ttyS0
- automatic configuration with "dialup configuration"
- manual configuration with wvdial
- manual dialup with pppup
what I basically always get is a message saying something like "modem not
responding" when the first command of calling/resetting (ATZ) is sent.
C. Watts suggested to set the modem volume to OFF, I did not figure out how
to do it, I put volume=0, or AT&M0 in the wvdial.conf, if so with no results
again.
Now, my question:
did anybody actually manage to make its internal modem working?
should I keep on trying for days and days or give up as soon as possible?
thanks a lot,

filippo