Re: Kernel building?

Subject: Re: Kernel building?
From: Neill Miller (neillm@thecodefactory.org)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 20:17:15 MST

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:16:19 -0800 (PST)
Mark Jaffe <wizards@wizdev.net> wrote:

> Is there a step-by-step description to configuring and building the kernel
> online somewhere? I know there may be ix86 sites where this is described,
> but do we have one for PPC?

I wrote a minimal guide at:
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm/yellowdog.php3#kernel-2-4

It doesn't cover the configuration (since IMHO configs for different machines and preferences vary too widely), but it's a start. If anyone finds it helpful and would like to add anything to it, just contact me off the list. It also contains a link for Linux/PPC kernel building (which is much older though).

-Neill.

--
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm