Airport at boot

Subject: Airport at boot
From: Scott Kellogg (scott@kiva.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 07:37:58 MST

Hello list -

I am running kernel 2.4.10a (I think, I'm on a different box right now)
and have successfully configured Airport. I did this by adding

/sbin/modprobe airport network_name "MyNetwork"

to /etc/rc.d/rc/local. Also, /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 is
associating the interface to a DHCP server.

When I boot, during initialization of eth1, I get the message
"Initialization delayed" and a red "failed" instead of a green "OK" in the
status column.

Once I get to level 5 login, I login and open a terminal. I can bring the
network up by issuing "service network restart". What gives? I'd like
the interface to receive an IP upon boot.

Thanks,
Scott Kellogg

--
The Grateful Dead was never five or six guys on a stage;
it was everybody in the room.