modem connection error with iMac DV 400 MHz

Subject: modem connection error with iMac DV 400 MHz
From: Jeroen Diederen (jdiederen@epo.org)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 08:36:04 MST

Hi,

I am quite desperate. I installed YDL 2.0 and now I found out that it is

impossible to connect to my (internal) modem. The problem is that it is
able to make a connection (I hear that, serial port 0), and then after
it sends the username and password it says something like "I do not know

what to do ! pppd started and hope for the best". Nothing happens after
that. I do not make a clear connection then. I have to break the
connection otherwise it stays connected.

I have seen more of these problems, but can somnebody please indicate,
step by step, what to do ? I have the feeling that it has something to
do with the timeframe. Probably my computer has to wait a few seconds
before it sends the username and password.

I would be grateful if you help me.

Jeroen Diederen
The Netherlands