Thanks Terra Soft

Subject: Thanks Terra Soft
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 15:57:34 MST

 Just wanted to say thanks to the Terra Soft folks for the greate work in
making sure there is support for Linux on the most recent Apple
hardware. I just installed YDL 2.1 on a Dual 800 MHz G4 with 1 GB of RAM,
and it is working beautifully (without X windows, it'll only be running
PostgreSQL).

 The only strange thing I have found, is that the bogusmips are *lower*
than my G4/DP450. Is this normal?

Here is /proc/cpuinfo for the dual 800:

processor : 0
cpu : 7450, altivec supported
temperature : 3-5 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 799MHz
revision : 2.1 (pvr 8000 0201)
bogomips : 797.90

processor : 1
cpu : 7450, altivec supported
temperature : 10-12 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 799MHz
revision : 2.1 (pvr 8000 0201)
bogomips : 797.90

total bogomips : 1595.80
machine : PowerMac3,5
motherboard : PowerMac3,5 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
L2 cache : 256K unified
memory : 1024MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

And the dual 450 is:

processor : 0
cpu : 7400, altivec supported
temperature : 16-19 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 450MHz
revision : 2.9 (pvr 000c 0209)
bogomips : 894.56

processor : 1
cpu : 7400, altivec supported
temperature : 27-29 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 450MHz
revision : 2.9 (pvr 000c 0209)
bogomips : 894.56

total bogomips : 1789.13
machine : PowerMac3,3
motherboard : PowerMac3,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
L2 cache : 1024K unified
memory : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017