Re: UserDirs in apache

Subject: Re: UserDirs in apache
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 18:31:07 MST

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Brian Mayton wrote:
>I'm trying to get my userdirs set up in YellowDog with Apache. I tried
>simply uncommenting the default lines that were there regarding userdirs,
>which worked before on my old YDL server. Now, when I try to access a
>user's page, I get a 403 forbidden. I know the permissions are set right.

 Make sure that all dirs in the path from root are world executeable, so
if your path to root is /home/username/public_html/ you should be able to
do the following:

chmod 711 /home
chmod 711 /home/username
chmod 711 /home/username/public_html

 See if that works.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017