Re: ati video problem

Subject: Re: ati video problem
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 22:31:19 MST

Hi Keary,

  I have tried both Xconfigurator and Xautoconfig4, but neither have
worked. As for passing in the correct video driver to the kernel at boot,
I am using BootX, but I haven't specified any kernel arguments at
all! They don't appear to be needed on my 8600, does anyone have a
recommendation for what would be an appropriate argument for this card? I
just assumed that since I didn't need one to get video working on the
8600, I wouldn't need one here. Is that not the case?

Thanks!
Mike

PS I will take a look at /proc/pci when I reboot into linux and see if it
matches up with the XF86config-4 file.