Ybin inst failure on B/W G3 Rev 1

Subject: Ybin inst failure on B/W G3 Rev 1
From: Patrick Ladam (ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 12:34:22 MST

Hi folks,
Got the latest 2.1 iso (20011105) and the install went on OK, excepted for
yaboot.
My config is:
B/W G3 Revision 1 (yosemite) MacOS 9.1.

After install and no yaboot prompt, I booted Linux from the CD and did the trick

from the Inst. guide (rerun yabin). This did not work still and yaboot prompt
did
not show up. I checked my yaboot.conf file and it is OK.
Then I went playing in the OpenFirmware and tried a bunch of 'boot
hd:8,\\yaboot'
(my bootstrap partition is on sda8) and other trials that never got me into
Linux.
There is definitely a problem with these Revision 1 B/W G3, it is said
in http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/multiboot.shtml that:
"Users of first generation New World ROM machines (original iMac, '99
PowerBook, Blue and White G3) will need to follow more complex steps to
get back into Linux. We will add this additional information to this topic in
 the near future. "

Please can someone of YDL mail a fix for this, I am getting nuts trying
desperatly to get yaboot working since two days with no succes!!! Heeeeelp!

Bye and thanX for this killer distro anyway

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| >>> NEW e-mail: <<<             |                               |
| ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |