YDL 2.1 KDE no sound

Subject: YDL 2.1 KDE no sound
From: Scott Kellogg (scott@kiva.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 09:17:19 MST

I'm getting a different problem that what I saw when I scanned the list
archives.

When restarting the sound server from the GUI config tool, I get a popup
message:

Sound server fatal error:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
Can't set playback format: _format=17, asked driver to give 16, got 32.

I am on a 366Mhz iBook SE (graphite).

Has anyone found a remedy for this? I'm normally a Gnome man, but I
thought I'd give KDE a try. It's been going swimmingly except for this.

Thanks,
Scott

--
In the timbers of Fennario, the wolves are runnin' round.