Re: Wallstreet video woes

Subject: Re: Wallstreet video woes
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 12:03:43 MST

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Keary Suska wrote:
>Can't help you with video, but with bootx you need to wipe out the boot
>partition (or at least its contents) and zap your PRAM (typically best
>to hold down keys for at least two restart boings).

 Actually, this isn't correct. All you have to do to remove bootx from
your system is a) remove the file called '* BootX Extension' (where '*' is
a black dot) from the System Folder:Extensions folder and remove the file
called 'BootX App' from the System Folder:Control Panels folder.

 As for the video settings, on my Wallstreet, all I did was click on the
options button (in the BootX window) and selected the 'Force Video
Settings' options so that it was checked. Everything worked rather well
after that although, X was slower than it should be, which was another
thread on this list. Instead of fixing that, I simply bought an iBook2.
:-)

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017