Re: Mount problem

Subject: Re: Mount problem
From: Ludwig (mariachi@mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 13:37:12 MST

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 19:35 pm, Keary Suska wrote:

> I would say the easiest thing to do is put your mount command into rc.local
> so it's always mounted at startup.

That would work, but I'm more concerned with letting local users mount and
unmount hfs zips and floppies than hard drive partitions. I did manage to
find sources for mount within "util-linux"
<http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/util-linux-2.11m.tar.bz2>
but I couldn't discern any meaningful configure options, and the mount I
compiled behaves the same way as the one that was installed from the RPM.

Why won't "mount -t auto" guess at hfs?