Re: modem on iBook2001

Subject: Re: modem on iBook2001
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1904 - 10:53:05 MST

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Filippo Fraternali wrote:

> Il giorno 15-11-2001 7:08, Charlie Watts, cewatts@frontier.net ha scritto:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Filippo Fraternali wrote:

> I guess I have same serious problem with modules. The serial one is always
> "initializing", and macserial seems to not exist, this is what I got:
>
> [root@fomalhaut]# rmmod serial
> serial: Device or resource busy

OK, you definitely don't want "serial" loading at all. That's x86
specific.

If it's partly loaded, and you can't get it to un-load, you'll probably
want to reboot.

Um ... you are right about macserial not being a module in the stock
kernel. Which means that alias line in /etc/modules.conf might not be good
idea ...

I was apparently wrong about needing the i2c stuff, though - I've just
booted the stock kernel and it works fine; Those modules don't load.

Something else weird is going on for you, though - if you have macserial
loaded, I don't know why serial is even trying to load.

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net