Re: Ybin inst failure on B/W G3 Rev 1

Subject: Re: Ybin inst failure on B/W G3 Rev 1
From: Patrick Ladam (ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 16:14:43 MST

Jeroen Diederen wrote:

> I think the easiest way to do this is by rebooting and pressing alt. You will see a
> blue screen with your different startup discs.

You don't get it, that's what is just NOT happening !!!

> Choose the one with Linux. This will
> boot up Linux. In Linux type in ybin in a Linux window. This will run ybin that
> reconfigures your MacOSROM (i.e. your OF settings). From then on if you reboot, it
> will load yaboot.conf

You did not read properly my mail. I did that several times.

> Ciao
>
> (I had the same thing lately, I am a NEwbie)

I am not, started with LPPC R5 (a stone-ages distro)

ThanX anyway

| Patrick LADAM | |
| Laboratoire CSSB | THE BIG BANG THEORY: |
| UFR SMBH | |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin | In the begining there was |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX | nothing at all. |
| >>> NEW e-mail: <<< | |
| ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr | Then, it exploded... |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85 | |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77 | |