YDL, MacOS 9, Wrong Partition???

Subject: YDL, MacOS 9, Wrong Partition???
From: Adam Scarcella (adamo97@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 10:51:15 MST

My Hard Drive has 5 Partitions.

/dev/hda9 : MacOS 9 : HFS
/dev/hda10 : MacOS X : HFS
/dev/hda11 : BootLoader : HFS
/dev/hda12 : Swap : Linux-Swap
/dev/hda13 : LINUX YDL : ext2

During the installation process YDL asked me to locate my MacOS 9
Partition and then it gave me two choices; /dev/hda10 & /dev/hda11. As
you can see from my above list of partitions, my MacOS 9 Partition was
not one of the choices. I didn't want to choose /dev/hda10 since that
is my MacOS X partition so I choose /dev/hda11 which is the BootLoader
partition. It then asked me to locate my MacOS X partition and gave me
the exact same choices; /dev/hda10 & /dev/hda11. This time I chose
/dev/hda10 which is the correct partition. HOWEVER: Now I can't boot
into MacOS 9 by typing m from the BootLoader. I can boot into OS 9 from
OS X using Startup Disk in the System Preferences. BUT... If I boot
into OS 9 from OS X and then try to reboot, the BootLoader disappears.
 From that point on I can no longer choose YDL since the BootLoader never
shows up again.

SUMMARY:

1) YDL Installation doesn't give me the correct Partition choices to
locate MacOS 9
2) Booting into OS 9 from OS X disables the YDL BootLoader

Is there any way to tell YDL that my OS 9 partition is /dev/hda9 instead
of /dev/hda10?

Adam Scarcella =)