Re: YDL, MacOS 9, Wrong Partition???

Subject: Re: YDL, MacOS 9, Wrong Partition???
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 13:56:27 MST

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Adam Scarcella wrote:
>1) YDL Installation doesn't give me the correct Partition choices to
>locate MacOS 9

 Edit /etc/yaboot.conf, and change the line that looks like:

macos=/dev/hda11

so that it becomes

macos=/dev/hda9

then run ybin (as root).

>2) Booting into OS 9 from OS X disables the YDL BootLoader

 It doesn't disable it, it changes the nvram (PRAM). To get back into YDL
after OS X writes to the PRAM, boot with the option key held down. Then
you can run ybin to set it.

>Is there any way to tell YDL that my OS 9 partition is /dev/hda9 instead
>of /dev/hda10?

 See item #1 above.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017