Re: Appletalk, Netatalk

Subject: Re: Appletalk, Netatalk
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 23:30:53 MST

>Does anyone use it. I have it running and I can see it on my PPClinux machine
>from my other mac and from my PC running PC McLan. Is there a control panel
>that one can configure, users or folders ? If so how does one summon this up
>from the bowels of the #root?

It's usually compiled as a module. Netatalk on the 2.1 distro
(netatalk-1.5pre2-6b?) is pretty much OOTB. There are a couple things
you might tweak, but not necessarily. There is no config tool
supplied, although there -is- one somewhere (atalkconf-1.2-1,that I
never got to work, search rpmfind). But, the /etc/atalk files are
verbose about configuration and all you need...

In default operation, if you log in using your name and password,
you'll get dumped into your home directory and see it as an AT volume.

Stefan Jeglinski