Two further newbie questions

Subject: Two further newbie questions
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 02:22:49 MST

Hi again,
        In addition to my other questions from earlier, I have one
regarding the installer. While YDL 2.1 on the 7600/200 picked up the
onboard ethernet, the 7300 which I wish to transfer it to eventually, has
previously had problems with Mac OS 9.0 (never tried 9.1) where it stopped
responding to network requests in or out.
        So, I have a Macsense FE551 10/100 PCI Ethernet card plugged into
PCI slot B on both the 7300 & the 7600 so I can configure both machines the
same. As mentioned, YDL 2.1 installer picked up the onboard & assigned it
to eth0 but doesn't see the PCI card automatically - could someone point me
in the right direction here please so I can get it up & running.

        As a side note, I have an ADB auto restart device plugged into the
7300 called MacCoach, which polls Mac OS while running & if it doesn't get
a response, it reboots the machine automatically, similar to the Kick Off
device. Can anyone tell me if this will also work under YDL 2.1? I assume
that it's only seeing if the machine is responding to ADB requests & a
timer restarts if there's no response. I hope someone can help here too.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au