Re: modem on iBook2001

Subject: Re: modem on iBook2001
From: Filippo Fraternali (filippo.fraternali@tin.it)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 03:25:54 MST

> You are not going crazy. There was no macserial.o in my YDL 2.1
> CDs, either. I solved this by figuring out a new .config for my
> iceBook and building my own kernel and modules, based on the kernel
> source in YDL 2.1. I was able to connect to the modem and try a
> few AT commands, but I haven't had a chance to try dialing out yet.

I am sorry, I saw there is macserial.o in the rpms for YDL2.1, I really can
not understand why it is not loaddable now. Anyway, is there a way to
compile macserial as module without recompiling the all kernel?

If not, you have to say that I never tried to recompile the kernel, what I
figure out is that you can not use the same procedure you use to compile a
new kernel. Is there a way to safely recompile it without risking to have no
valid kernel to load at boot?

thanks,

> Looks to me as if the sound should be working. Maybe you need
> to run a mixer app to set nonzero loudness?

you're probably right Romain, but I have to say that now the sound is
certainly not my priority.

cheers,

filippo