Re: yellowdog 2.1 installer problems

Subject: Re: yellowdog 2.1 installer problems
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 15:42:25 MST

>is 3gb ebough for a root partition?

Way more than enough, as I'm sure you knew when you wrote that :-)

from nathan:

>I think 64MB's is the going minimum estimate for the installer to do it's
>thing. SInce RAM is dirt cheap right now, I'd suggest buying some: you'll
>be able to install without cajoling and things will run smoother once
>installed.

IIRC, 64Meg is the minimum suggested for the -X11- install; however,
I think I have a post from Dan B saying that less than 64 would only
make the X11 install excruciatingly slow, not failure-prone. And I
think the text install should go fine in less than 64.

However, having said that, the 6500 on which I had plenty other
problems getting the install working has 96, so I can't say for sure
that you really can do it in 32.

Elliot, you look to be in my vicinity unless you are logged on and
posting from afar. I -think- I have a spare 32Meg from my 6500. I'm
willing to let you try it, and if it works, we can make a deal on a
fair price; if not, you can send it back. I still have to -find- the
stick, so it's not a bona fide offer until.

Stefan Jeglinski