proftp $ host name problems

Subject: proftp $ host name problems
From: Robert J. Bloemeke (bloemeke@mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 20:03:24 MST

Thanks for the help, Keary. Yes, nslookup verifies that
zaqd38760a5.zaq.ne.jp is unresolvable. It says: "cwos001.zaq.ne.jp can't
find zaqd38760a5.zaq.ne.jp: Non-existent host/domain". But I still don't
know what to do about this. Is this a problem caused by my using a dynamic
IP connected directly to the internet, instead of using a router, perhaps?
Maybe there's a way to change my host name to localhost? I know that there
is a fixed IP number for that: 27.0.0.1. If this is a good idea, how can I
change it? This host name already shows up in net configurator. OR, if this
is a bad idea, can you offer any other solutions? (spelled out step-by step,
because I only started using Linux about two weeks ago)

By the way, I'm going to go out today and get a linksys router.

Thanks for your time and trouble.
Robert

--
http://www.media-core.com