Re: floppy

Subject: Re: floppy
From: Elliot Badham Peele (ebpeele2@unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 22:04:28 MST

you probaly need to edit the /etc/fstab file. it should include the
following lines in order to mount your floppy and zip drive.

#device mount point file system options
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto 0 0
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip auto noauto 0 0

i believe that this should work. the /dev/sda4 part might be a little
different. it depends on which scsi device in your computer it is. if the
zip drive is first it is sda, second sdb, and so on. the 4 on this part is
the partition number, this may be different depending on how the disk was
formated. the file system for the zip drive may have to changed depending
on the format of the dsk as well. to mount these disks use the mount
command. 'mount /mnt/floppy' for the floppy drive or 'mount /mnt/zip' for
the zip drive.

elliot