Re: X Documentation that doesn't suck

Subject: Re: X Documentation that doesn't suck
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 10:34:25 MST

Patrick Callahan wrote:

> I think one thing that's missing is documentation that focuses on usage
> rather than structure of the program. We need additional documentation that
> focuses on the why and how more than on the what and where. Don't
> misunderstand me on this point. We'll still very much need the documentation
> of the what and where.

This documentation is the Linux HOWTOs. In my experience with Linux over
the years I've found the HOWTOs to be the most invaluable problem
solving tool - because the main documentation I need is the docs to get
from nothing to a miminum working config, from there I can work things
out for myself.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon