ybin/yaboot not loading at startup

Subject: ybin/yaboot not loading at startup
From: Chaz Kelsh (ckelsh@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 16:11:22 MST

I'm on a PMG4/867 with two drives, hda - the main 40Gb drive (with 15GB
for linux), and hdg - a 40GB drive connected to a Sonnet Tempo ATA66
card with OS X and OS 9.

After burning a CD of "fuji-2.1-20011105-install.iso", I installed
Linux and configured ybin/yaboot through the custom installer, with my
OS 9 and OS X partitions inputed.

So I would expect the computer to boot into the ybin menu, but the
installer apparently didn't set the NVRAM to do that. The bootstrap
partition is at /dev/hda11 in Linux. I've tried setting it myself
(setenv boot-device hd:11,\\:tbxi) in Open Firmware to no avail. As it
is, I've no way to get into Linux.

Any ideas?

--
Chaz Kelsh