MOL Networking with dummy0?

Subject: MOL Networking with dummy0?
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 18:47:17 MST

To avoid recompiling my kernel for ethertap support (2.4.10), I was hoping
to use the dummy network device. I appear to have the device configured
properly (I can ping it), and the ip masqing set up properly (at least
apparently), and molrc (using two netdevs, dumm0 and eth0, both sheepnet
(which MOL uses whether I specify -sheep or anything else), but I can't seem
to get TCP/IP access for MOL. I see syslog entries by netfilter showing the
MOL IP address, which I assume simply means that it is receiving packets
from MOL, but there seems to be no indication of what is happening to them.
The configuration of the dummy0 devie in network-scripts seems to create a
static rooute: 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0.0.0.0.

Has anyone successfully used the dummy network driver for this purpose and
can I get your configuration information (device, masq, etc)? Or I can post
mine if anyone thinks that would help.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.