Weird video after yup update

Subject: Weird video after yup update
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 19:26:32 MST

I have had YDL2.0 running nicely on an 8100 clone, using the 2.4.5
kernel (ported for nubus) at sourceforge.net

After a couple of tries today, I got yup update to go through its
whole dance. But when I logged back into X, I got horrific video
based mostly on black, fluorescent lime green and broken up video
(couldn't read the icons or clock).

I decided to reboot and it got worse. Mostly black and diffused
icons, etc. The application menu wasn't usable cause I could not
discern in the black where anything was.

During the process, however, it did report:

error: could not remove /usr/lib/mol/modules directory not empty

... and ...

warning /etc/XF86Config-4 created as /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.rpmnew
warning /usr/X11R6/X11/XftConfig saves as /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xftConfig.rpmsave

... and ...

/usr/lib/mozilla/rebuild databases.sh line 17
Segmentation fault
(core dumped)
MOZILLA-FIVE-HOME= /usr/lib/mozilla/usr/lib/mozilla/regxpcom
>/dev/null
2>/dev/null

... and ...

Can't remove /usr/share/icons/locolor/32x32/asps directory not empty
(several lines of icon directories not empty)
Can't remove /usr/shared/doc/html directory not empty
Can't remove /usr/share/applnk/kdedesktop
Can't remove /usr/share/applnk/system/screensavers
Can't remove /usr/share/applnk/system
Can't remove /usr/share/applnk

This was all done in command line (no X running), so I didn't think X
stuff would be "busy," if that matters to yup ...

I used the default video when I first installed 2.0, ie. the top
selection, framebuffer something. And set for 1025x768 at millions,
and gave myself only one available resolution, 1024x768. This is what
the Mac is set at and I found with YDL that's the only way it works
on my machine.

Is there a line to add to the lilo.conf (in MkLinux booter) to fix
this video ... or a different config at command line to fix it?

-ms

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis -- Community Relations & website author