3D for XFree86 (DRI)

Subject: 3D for XFree86 (DRI)
From: Mark Brethen (marbre@dhcp-159-66)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 19:37:04 MST

I still can't get direct rendering to work. I've checked the kernel messages
and don't see where "agpgart" and "mtrr" are being loaded. Are these
installed by YDL? I've read that mtrr is needed to tell the cpu that certain
memory address ranges (namely the framebuffer and register apertures of the
video card) need to be treated differently from usual RAM. Could this be why
I'm seeing the warning "ATI(0): xf86UnMapVidMem: cannot find region for
[0x3001ac00,0x1c00]" in XFree86.0.log?

I really could use some help from those that have it working :)

Thanks

--

Mark Brethen mbrethen@rochester.rr.com