Epson Stylus 880 in YDL 2.1

Subject: Epson Stylus 880 in YDL 2.1
From: Patrick Ladam (ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 13:15:48 MST

Hi people,

Got an Epson Stylus 880 hooked to a USB port on my B/W G3 under a freshly
installed YDL 2.1
(kernel 2.4).
But...Can't get that darling to print!
Here is some info:

-The lpd daemon is running
-I can see my printer from the Kinfo window on the USB port
-printtool recognizes /dev/usb/lp0
-I have tried many filters (from the ASCII printer to the whole Epson family) in
printtool
-Printing directly to the port does not work neither
-When I send a test page from printtool, it goes in the lp-queue but the printer
does move an inch
  (and yes it is turned on and connected...)

In conclusion, everything seems OK (no error message at any time) but the
printer is on strike...

Any idea would be greatly appreciated

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| >>> NEW e-mail: <<<             |                               |
| ladam@smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |