video setings @ boot-time

Subject: video setings @ boot-time
From: Alexander Holst (holst@fh-pforzheim.de)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 07:08:58 MST

Hi y'all

short question: what are the additional kernel parameters to set the video
resolution to 1152x870/1152x864 at boot-time?

I just finished installing YDL 2.1 on a beige G3 233 DT. I used to run YDL
2.0 on it before, which booted in 1024x768, but YDL 2.1 boots in 640x480
only - I would like all consoles to have 1152x870 from scratch and not
through always running fbset. This is a Linux only box booting via miBoot.

Is there a way to specify the initial resolution when compiling a new
kernel, and if where would I find that feature.

Any help appreciated. TIA

Greetings,

Alexander Holst
SysAdmin MacLabor Visuelle Kommunikation
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
Germany
ph.: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx.: +49 [0]7231 28-6040
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>