where is RAID autodetection in YDL 2.1

Subject: where is RAID autodetection in YDL 2.1
From: Alexander Holst (holst@fh-pforzheim.de)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 07:22:49 MST

Hi everybody,

I just got YDL 2.1 up and running on a beige G3 233 DT. This one used to
run LPPCQ4 before and had a software RAID inside. In the old LPPC 2.2.18
kernel, autodetection of RAID at boot up was possible, even before any init
script came into action.

Now with the default YDL 2.1 2.4.10 kernel, nothing happenes - no more
autodetection to be seen in the initial boot sequence. I compiled a new
kernel with md support compiled-in, instead of as a module like the default
YDL kernel - now at least the RAID device gets activated by the init
script, but still no autodetection like in my LPPC installation and 2.2.18
kernel :[

For now, this works, as the RAID device is not my boot partition, but where
has the autodetection feature gone, I remember it was an option to set when
compiling a 2.2.x kernel. Has it been suspended or is it somewhere else now.

Any help appreciated, TIA

Greetings,

Alexander Holst
SysAdmin MacLabor Visuelle Kommunikation
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
Germany
ph.: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx.: +49 [0]7231 28-6040
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>