Re: Getting the imstt video card to work

Subject: Re: Getting the imstt video card to work
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 12:38:47 MST

I never got an IMSTT to work - so let us know if you succeed.

Are you sure that the slot number is correct and that it is a full pci
slot? On a 9600 (and maybe your machine) the slot that the card is
installed in by default is a not a standard PCI slot. The answer is to
move the video card to another PCI slot. You can then do a "cat /proc/pci"
to get the slot data for the card and edit this into XF86Config. The other
thing to watch out for is YDL running Xautoconfig-4 at startup and
overwriting your choices.

  Iain

--On Monday, November 19, 2001 10:08 am -0800 Nixon Morada