Re: newbie installation probs

Subject: Re: newbie installation probs
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 17:00:11 MST

Yes, I have. The problem is the video parameters passed to the kernel on
boot. Toward the bottom of the screen of the bootx/miboot control panel is a
list of options. I believe you can tab to those options and change them at
boot time. IIRC, you want "video" set to "atyfb" and "other" set to
"video=ofonly". That should get the installer to be visible. After
installation you might still have video problems, so you may have to tinker
with the bootx configuration file (I think it may be yaboot.conf for miboot,
but don't quote me on that) to get video to work. And good luck--getting
video to work on PPC distros is the biggest pain.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.